The Commercial Spaceflight Regulatory requirements also include undertaking an Environmental Assessment. In America this is in relation to a spacecraft launching from a particular spaceport; the EA also contains cross-over into safety aspects (naturally) however the American system does not have a separate assessment for the spaceport safety (see Safety Analysis capabilities). The aviation industry is well versed in understanding the associated aircraft-based risks concerning the environment. In Europe and the Rest of the World this needs to be tailored due to the different vehicle designs (and ergo operating profile). Saturn SMS has expertise in this area.
Environmental Analysis (for Spacecraft & Spaceports)
- Environmental Management Plan
- Environmental Scoping Study
- Environmental Impact Analysis
- Environmental Feature Matrix
- Environmental Impact Statement
- The Environmental (Risk) Assessment